Foundation Makeup Certificate Course
This is a two-week course designed for those wishing to kick-start their career and learn professional beauty makeup skills up to special occasion level.
A vast range of top make-up brands are provided for class use with course books.
Train from London College of Make-up, offering the most recognized make-up qualification by recruitment companies in the Middle East,
The IMA (International Make-up association qualifications)
Our students gets access to many brand discounts including the MAC Pro card, Kryolan cosmetics, Dermalogica, Grimas and many more.
You will also gain entree to future masterclasses, events and work opportunities through our College.
The course covers:
Foundation Makeup Course:
- Hygiene, health and safety.
- Prevention of cross contamination and Covid-19 safety measures
- How to build and present your make-up kit
- Product research and awareness.
- Brushes and tools knowledge
- Market and business awareness for the beauty & bridal industry
- How to set career goals and build your beauty business
- How to market your services and expand your client base
- Portfolio building knowledge and skills
- Full client consultation: skin analysis, face, eye & brow.
- Skin types and conditions
- Skin care products and making the right choice
- Skin preparation: cleansing, toning and moisturizing.
- Colour-wheel theory and identification.
- Colour correction and camouflage (warming/cooling).
- Choosing and application of foundation.
- Concealer choice and application.
- Learning textures: cream, powder, matte, satin, shimmer, gloss and glitter
- Understanding the science behind mixing textures
- Anatomy & Contouring: facial geometry and bone structure.
- Powder application.
- Sun kissing , blusher, bronzing, shading, and highlighting
- Application of eye makeup (9 techniques).
- Eyebrow products and eyebrow shaping with make-up
- Pigments, Pencils, liners and mascaras
- Application of false lashes both strip and individual.
- Lipstick application.
- Natural Make-up
- Day and Evening Make-up.
- European Bridal Make-up (English Rose).
- Ethnic Make-up
- Mature Skin
- Men’s Grooming
- Theory and practical exams.
- After an IMA course, you will be required to complete a portfolio/file and sit an examination which you must pass at 80% to gain your qualifications. An external examiner will come from London to evaluate the students in practical and theory tests.
- No previous experience required.
- Casual dress code.
- A good Level of English is required.
- You are only required to bring your own set of professional make-up brushes.
- You will practice with a class-mate therefore you must be willing to have make-up applied on you as well as applying it to others.
- Photographic evidence of make-up will be required for all students.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- There is no upper age limit.
Dates & Timings:
2 Weeks – Full Time Course.
From: Monday To: Friday (10 Am – 05 PM)
- Start: (09 January 2023), End: (20 January 2023) [Fully Booked]
- Start: (06 March 2023), End: (17 March 2023) [Fully Booked]
- Start: (24 April 2023), End: (05 May 2023) [Register Now!]
- Start: (03 July 2023), End: (14 July 2023)
- Start: (28 August 2023), End: (08 September 2023)
- Start: (23 October 2023), End: (03 November 2023)
1- IMA Make-up Application Certificate.
All the Make-up are supplied by College
At LCM we only use the best of products and equipment in the industry to provide you with the finest learning experience. A vast range of top make-up brands are supplied for class use. Learn more!
- MAC Pro Card: Once you finish your make-up course and receive your qualification, you will be eligible to apply for a MAC Pro Card which offers a 40% discount.
- Kryolan Discount Card: Once you finish your make-up course, you will get a customized Kryolan Discount Card which offers a 20% discount on all the SFX Make-up products.
- Dermalogica, 15% discount for LCM Students.
College Location & Facilities
- Our college is located in the heart of Dubai Knowledge Park. It is an educational free trade zone campus that provides facilities for training and learning institutions.
- It is easily accessible by Metro (10 minutes’ walk )
- It is easily accessible by Tram ( 3 minutes’ walk )
- It is easily accessible by Bus ( 1 minute walk )
Valet Parking services & Street Parking are also available.
1- LCM is the only college providing work opportunities for our graduates with MAC cosmetics to be one of the MAC Makeup artist via Alshaya group in UAE, On completion of your course with the College, LCM will forward & recommend your name to apply for a full-time role with MAC Cosmetics in UAE.
2- LCM offers work experience through our close connections with the Beauty industry, Fashion shows, Magazines, TV, Dubai Opera, and many more.
3- We have a variety of contacts to who we forward the details of our students to once they finished the course.
4- The graduates will be contacted directly by the company/employer if there is any job placement with them and for their recruitment.
5- You will get access to the Group of “London College of Make-up Careers” on Facebook
6- Internships for Top graduates with London College of Make-up.
Our Qualifications are truly international
We provide an industry benchmark for make-up artists and those who want to employ make-up artists.
Most fashion make-up houses who employ pro staff would require a recognized independent qualifications to show that the employee has the standard level of understanding in hygiene, application and client care.
You will receive the following items by the college for your course:
- All Makeup Products are supplied by College.
- Registration with IMA.
- IMA Make-Up Application Book (Red).
- IMA Course Notes Book.
- IMA Examination.
Total Course Cost: AED 9,000
(*) Excluding Taxes